This article applies to people considering building a custom app or integrating DNA insights into an existing application.
What should I consider when building an application?
Do I need a custom application?
Should I use the DNA API?
It seems “there’s an app for that” everywhere these days. If you are exploring building an application for your company, here are a few questions to think about.
- Who is your app for?
Think of a clear picture of your user and what they need that your application to solve for them. The more clear you can be the easier it is to determine what your app will need to do to be useful to users.
- How is the problem your app will solve getting solved today?
Think about what your ideal users doing today to solve the problem that your application will solve. Plan what your application needs to have in order for them to give up the way they are solving the problem today.
- In addition to behavioral insights, what information will your application have for users?
DNA Behavior can offer powerful behavioral insights that can be useful in any number of areas. Your application will be different than anything you can get at DNA or anywhere else in the marketplace. Plan for what your users will be able to get, do or know that will be enhanced with behavioral insights.
- What is the minimum number of features I need to include to release a version to my users?
This is what we refer to as an MVP (minimum viable product). When you build out all the things that you would like to include in your application, find what are the most important and critical items so that you know what needs to be built first. It may not be behavioral insights. Perhaps you need to build out other things before you get started using the DNA API.
At DNA Behavior, we have created some resources to get you started in planning for and thinking about if building an application is right for you.
- Our API Overview video: Link to DNA API Overview video(s)
- Our API website: https://dnabehavior.com/api/
- Ask about our Software Development 101 training: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are including these resources for your reference only, DNA Behavior is not responsible for any material that exists or misinformation contained in these resources.
- Software development lifecycle: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/22193/software-development-life-cycle-sdlc
- 3. 13 things you need to know before building an app: https://www.peerbits.com/blog/things-to-know-before-building-an-app.html
- How much does it cost to build an application in 2022? https://spdload.com/blog/app-development-cost/
- How should I choose a technology stack for my Prototype (MVP) .. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-should-i-choose-technology-stack-prototype-mvp-my-deepak-kumar/
Still Need Help?
Submit a ticket here.